Consumers are Paying $69 More Per Month on Gas Than in 2017, Says AAA
Thursday, June 14, 2018
GoLocalWorcester News Team
|Consumers are paying $69 more per month on gas than in 2017, Says AAA|
AAA reports that gas expenses are accounting, on average, for seven percent of an American’s 2018 annual income, a 1.5 percent increase since the summer of 2017.
“Motorists may be spending more on gasoline this summer, but that won’t stop them from traveling. Summer is synonymous with road trips and vacations and we’re not going to see Americans giving up that pastime this year,” said Lloyd Albert, AAA Northeast Senior Vice President of Public and Government Affairs.
AAA Offers Tips
AAA offers these tips to improve your driving to get better gas mileage:
- Observe the speed limit. Not only is it safer, it can help you save money.
- Lose the weight. The heavier your car, the more fuel it uses.
- Accelerate gradually. Avoid jackrabbit starts.
- Drive during cooler parts of the day. Cooler, denser air can boost power and mileage.
- Maintain recommended tire pressure. Low pressure reduces fuel economy and can damage tires.