10 Great Things to do in Worcester This Weekend - November 2, 2018
Friday, November 02, 2018
GoLocalWorcester Lifestyle Team
|The Drunken Uncles are set to perform this weekend|
This weekend's events include Dale LePage's 9 year anniversary show, performances from Auntie Trainwreck and the Drunken Uncles, as well as, much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalWorcester has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Worcester This Weekend in the Slideshow Below
Drunken Uncles at Oxford Casual Dining
The Drunen Uncles return Oxford Casual Dining on Friday night.
The show begins at 8 p.m.
Warren Millers Face of Winter
Loving the unadulterated joys of winter is something we all have in common with the late, great Warren Miller, who helped create and capture the magic of skiing.
This year, new and veteran athletes alike pay tribute to the man who started it all in Face of Winter, the 69th installment from Warren Miller Entertainment (WME)
Dale LePage 9 Year Anniversary Show
Dale LePage and the Manhattans will celebrate their 9 year anniversary with a must-see show at Nick's.
Cover charge is $10.
The show begins at 8 p.m.
Family Hikes at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
We’ll explore a new theme each month and take a closer look at what nature has to offer on guided walks around our mile-long loop trail.
The event goes from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Auntie Trainwreck at Greendale's Pub
Auntie Trainwreck returns to Greendale's Pub on Saturday night.
Don't miss out on a great show.
The show begins at 8:30 p.m.
Worcester Art Museum's Fall Community Day
The Worcester Art Museum is set to host their annual Fall Community Day with the theme of “Diwali: Festival of Lights.”
Activities and programs include:
- Indian Dress Try-ons: Get a close-up view of the luminance and color of India’s traditional garments and learn how to drape a Sari. Presented by India Society of Worcester.
- Mehndi: See how a mehndi artist works and receive henna of your own. The art of mehndi has been a long-standing tradition stemming from many ancient cultures but is mostly known today for its history and prevalence in India.
- Hands-on Activities: Make paper marigolds, Diwali door hangings, and Madhubani art coasters to bring home
- Music and Dance: The India Society of Worcester presents a full line-up of traditional, modern, and contemporary Indian performances in the Museum’s grand Renaissance Court.
- Food: Traditional Indian food will be available for purchase. (Please note the Museum Café will not be open on this day due to the Community Day activities.)
- Gallery Tours: 10:30 a.m. – Family Tour; 12 noon—Zip Tour: "The Genius of Louis Tiffany and John LaFarge" (in the Radiance Rediscovered exhibition); 2 p.m. – Tour of the Month: The Art of India and Iran
- Related Exhibition: This year’s Fall Community Day coincides with the special exhibition, Preserved Pages: Book as Art in Persian and India, 1300-1800.
Veterans Inc. Gala Military Ball at Massachusetts National Guard Museum
Enjoy a memorable evening of fine dining, catered by Peppers Artful Events; entertainment will include a performance of World War II-era classics by The Victory Belles from the National WWII Museum in New Orleans, special guest Virgil Gibson, former lead singer of the world famous Platters, along with big band music provided by Dan Gabel and the Abeltones as well as a silent auction and a tribute to our veterans.
The event attire is Black Tie or Military Mess Dress.
All proceeds will support our efforts to prevent and end homelessness among veterans, ensuring that we will continue to be able to be there for any veteran or veteran family who needs us.
Saturday Morning Bird Walk
Explore the sanctuary grounds in search of birds during this program for casual and novice birders alike. Come discover the immense variety of birdlife that exists at this large urban sanctuary - you'll be surprised! Learn the basics of birding and bird identification as we take an easy-to-moderate walk along the trails.
Bring water and wear sturdy shoes. Bring binoculars if you have them or borrow a pair of ours.
Cookies and Tea with Clara from The Nutcracker at Hanover Theatre
Clara invites you for a special meet-and-greet tea party in The Hanover Theatre’s McDonough Room.
At this exclusive event, Clara will read the story of The Nutcracker ballet and whisk your child off to a magical hour of dancing, eating cookies and sipping tea.
Take personal photos with this iconic ballerina, and enter for a chance to receive a signed autograph picture and dance away with Clara’s famous pointe shoes!
Karaoke at Partner's Pub
Partner's Pub will have karaoke all season long. Don't miss out on the chance to belt out some of your favorite tunes.
Karaoke goes from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.