9 Blackstone Valley Tech Students to Have Work Featured at Worcester Art Museum
Saturday, March 02, 2019
GoLocalWorcester Lifestyle Team
Nine students from the Blackstone Valley Tech visual arts program were selected to show off their work in the Youth Art Month Exhibit at the Worcester Art Museum.
“Please consider attending and viewing the work of some of BVT's best art students along with enjoying an inspirational and inexpensive day out. This is an exciting opportunity to have a museum exhibition noted on these students’ resumes. This endeavor ultimately promotes the value of art education and encourages the support of quality art programs in both public and private schools,” said Cydney Cnossen, Visual Arts Teacher
This exhibition will be on display during the month of March including a family reception held on Sunday, March 3rd from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. with a recognition ceremony at 1:15 p.m.
Artwork from 326 MA students in grades K-12 will be on display at the Central MA Regional Youth Art Month Exhibit in the Higgins Education Wing of the Worcester Art Museum from March 1st - March 31, 2019.
Youth Art Month is a national celebration endorsed by Council for Art Education, the National Art Education Association, and the Massachusetts Art Education Association.
The following BVT students will be included in this exhibit:
- Elizabeth Fox, Electronics & Engineering Technology (Uxbridge)
- Marie Peladeau, Automotive Technology (Sutton)
- Grace Peters, Painting & Design Technology (Sutton)
- Alexyss Milot, Advanced Manufacturing & Fabrication (Bellingham)
- Guenevere Payne, Painting & Design (Douglas)
- Chloe Terrell, Painting & Design (Upton)
- Annabelle O'Reilly, Construction Technology (Hopedale)
- Alyssa Davis, Painting & Design (Blackstone)
- Jessica Connolly, Business & Entrepreneurship (Blackstone)