City of Worcester to Launch New Website on New Year’s Day
Saturday, December 30, 2017
GoLocalWorcester News Team
The City of Worcester will launch its newly-redesigned website on New Year’s Day.
“The city website is in many ways the front door to the City of Worcester and we want to make a strong first impression. Our new website will showcase the fact that Worcester is not only ready for the future, but embracing it,” said City Manager Edward Augustus Jr.
According to the city, new and improved features include:
- A sleeker, more vibrant and concise design focused on making it easier to find what you're looking for faster and more efficiently.
- Responsive design to allow for easy navigation no matter what type of device you are using (i.e. desktop, tablet, phone, etc.).
- Improved searchable databases ranging from open checkbook to property records.
- Enhanced site search functionality and simplified search for archived public meeting materials.
- Easier navigation including an "I Want To" tab that is a quick way of accessing the most popular information and pages, constituent drop-down menus and department topic area “buckets” for easier navigation.
- Improved transparency with municipal calendar and meeting agenda integration.
- Visual enhancements and simplified navigation of video archive.
- Added interactive mapping features using City of Worcester GIS and Google.
- Re-tooled online customer service center and new drop-off center appointment option.
- Accessibility enhancements based on best practices.
Users will still be able to submit feedback through the site’s online survey as well as send in their favorite Worcester photos for possible inclusion on the new site.