Woman in Serious But Stable Condition After Being Shot in Worcester

Monday, December 03, 2018
GoLocalWorcester News Team

A woman is in serious but stable condition after being shot in the chest early Saturday morning.

The suspected, Justin O’Keefe, was arrested and charged with armed assault with intent to murder, aggravated assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, unlawful carrying a loaded firearm, possession of ammunition without an FID Card, and receiving a firearm with defaced serial numbers.

The Incident

On Saturday, December 01, 2018, at approximately 1:08 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of Vernon Street and Endicott Street for a report of a shooting. Several officers from the Operations Division responded to the scene. First arriving officers saw a 41-year-old woman lying in the street. The female was conscious and alert. The woman said that she had just been shot.

Worcester EMS arrived and began emergency medical treatment. The woman was suffering from a serious gunshot wound to the chest. The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital and immediately went into emergency surgery. The victim is currently in serious but stable condition in the ICU.

Operation officers sealed off the area and called in the Crime Scene Unit and members of the Detective Bureau.

Investigators arrived and interviewed witnesses. Members of the Crime Scene Unit processed evidence.

Investigators worked throughout the day pursuing leads. During the day, investigators were able to obtain information that the suspect of the shooting was in the first-floor apartment of 110 Endicott Street.

At approximately 2:30 p.m., Worcester police gained entry into the suspect’s apartment. The suspect, O’Keefe, 24, of the 110 Endicott Street apartment, was found lying on a mattress. O’Keefe was quickly apprehended. Once secured, officers and detectives discovered a .40 caliber handgun within reach of  O’Keefe. The weapon was secured as evidence.

O’Keefe was transported to police headquarters.


Stay Connected — Free
Daily Email